After reading the background materials and reviewing the readings Antebellum Western Migration and Indian Removal listed below, answer the following short-answer questions:
- What were some of the reasons for moving west and how did early industrialization contribute to westward expansion?
- How did Indian Removal affect native nations?
- What was Manifest Destiny and what were some ways it destroyed Native American culture?
Antebellum Western MigrationNote: “Antebellum” is a term used to denote the time-period before the Civil War. “Ante” is Latin for ‘before’ and ‘bellum’ is Latin for ‘war’.
SLP Assignment Expectations
Use concepts from the background readings as well as any academic resources you can find (Wikipedia-type sources are not acceptable). Please be sure to cite your sources within the text and provide a reference page at the end of the paper.
Length: 2 to 3 paragraphs per question, double-spaced, typed using 12-Point Times New Roman font.
The following items will be assessed in particular:
- Your ability to apply the basic concepts to the questions.
- Some in-text references to the background readings (APA formatting not required).
- The essay should address each element of the assignment. Remember to support your answers with solid references including the background readings.